What is a pass-through dishwasher?
A pass-through dishwasher, also known as a rack conveyor dishwasher, is an essential piece of equipment for any busy catering business. It's a commercial-grade machine designed to efficiently and effectively clean large quantities of dishes, glasses, and cutlery.
The dishwasher works by passing the dirty dishes through a high-pressure spray of hot water and detergent, removing food residue and sanitising them. It then dries the items before they are ready to be used again.
What are the features of Maxima's pass-through dishwashers?
In catering and hospitality establishments that work with large quantities of dirty dishes, pass-through dishwashers are a big asset. Kitchen staff can easily pass the baskets through for efficient handling of dishes.
Maxima's commercial pass-through dishwashers all have the following features:
- Includes baskets for glassware, plates and cutlery to keep the process smooth
- Can be installed in a corner or as part of an in-line installation
- Quiet dishwasher, ideal for busy kitchens
- Powerful dishwasher, specifically for use in larger catering kitchens
What are the benefits of using a pass-through dishwasher?
For big catering establishments that need to clean large quantities of dirty dishes quickly and efficiently, a pass-through dishwasher is the ideal solution. It offers the ability to pass large amounts of dishes through the machine and have them come out sparkling clean on the other side so you can serve your guests on plates that are clean and hygienic.
In addition, after each wash cycle, the pass-through dishwasher rinses the cutlery, plates, cups, glasses and other crockery with very hot water to help them dry quicker. This means that you can save not only the labour of washing and drying every glass and dish but also the time it takes to do so.
These dishwashers also operate silently, making them perfect for busy settings. With its capacity for handling big loads effortlessly, this top-quality appliance ensures efficient and effective performance.
How do I clean a pass-through dishwasher?
Maxima's pass-through dishwashers are made from stainless steel, which is known for being a hygienic and easy-to-clean material. The smooth surfaces can simply be cleaned with a damp cloth. The wash arms on the inside are made from special ABS and can also be cleaned with a cloth and a bit of water.
Follow the steps below to keep your dishwasher clean and fresh.
- First, remove any food residue with a damp cloth.
- Use warm water and a little bit of soap for the dishwasher and the tap.
- Make sure to clean the outside and the handle of the dishwasher.
- Empty the dishwasher's filter and rinse it under a tap before reassembling it.
- Turn on the empty dishwasher and use a descaling agent and a special cleaning agent to clean the inside.
Another way to make sure your machine stays clean is to install a
. This helps lower the water hardness levels and stops limescale from building up and decreasing your dishwasher's performance.